Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Mac ‘n’ Cheese is an animated short directed and created by four students at the Utrecht School of Arts in the Netherlands. This roughly two minute animation took about five months to make, and about a bajillion peanut butter sandwiches.
“Each of us presented some ideas and then we split again to work at home, alone,” explains Roy Nieterau. “The first week we were able to work together we decided we needed some help. Guido Puijk, a third year student and friend of ours, joined the team. This was a good thing because we had some major ideas to realize, we needed all the manpower we could get!”
Synopsis: When you find yourself running scared and running out of energy, there’s only a few options left to outrun your opponent through the southern desert. Stopping at nothing, watch these two guys wear each other out and rip through boundaries hitherto unbroken. Enjoy the ride!
– Autodesk Maya
– Eyeon Fusion
– Pixologic Zbrush
– Adobe Photoshop
Inspired by Team Fortress 2 and Meet Buck.
– Animation: Tom Hankins, Gijs van Kooten, Guido Puijk, Roy Nieterau
– Music & Audio Design: Giulio Sterbini, Wouter Messelink, Peter-Paul Timmermans
Title song: The Grateful Dead – Casey jones
– UPC Animation Prize at the Netherlands Online Film Festival 2011 (NOFF)
– Best National Student Award at Playgrounds Festival 2011
– Best Chase Scene Award at Couchfest 2011